Within the teaching profession, there are a few tried and tested techniques that are absolutely guaranteed to kill learning in the classroom.
Some teachers have honed these skills for years down to a fine art, so I hope they don’t mind me sharing them with you. 😉
So teachers, here are 10 ways to kill any hope of learning in your classroom.
- ‘Teaching’ by handouts.
- Being unprepared for your lessons.
- Exuding a complete lack of effort and indifference to your job.
- Displaying an obvious disinterest in the subject matter.
- Getting involved in power struggles.
- Allowing behaviour chaos to reign in your classroom.
- Pretending/Bluffing/Lying to the students.
- Giving away the answers/Spoon-feeding them.
- Stifle discussion and Socratic approaches.
- Using sarcasm or any other put-downs.