The Catholic Book of Character and Success: Chapter Notes
Chapter Thirty-Two: Build a noble character.
- Of all human achievements, the attainment of a noble character stands out as an excellence example of purpose.
- A man can remake his character when he wills it, correcting evils and building virtue, even from the lowest base.
- Character is a life long goal of perseverance, determination, observation and resilience, but one any man can achieve.
- Like the sculptor or painter, a man must use his natural material to shape a noble being, through the pursuit of mastering his habits, impulses and intelligence.
- Every moment of every day we make conscious decisions which adds or subtracts from our goodness.
- We are constantly changing for better or worse and every act influences and strengthens the virtues or vices we exhibit.
- Like an athlete wishing to build an upright noble body through exercise, a man must exercise deliberately, actions that are good and worthwhile to attain a noble character.
- A noble body however will sooner or later turn to dust, whilst the noble spirit is immortal and will be your reward through the ages to come.
- The man who takes up the challenge to build a noble character, step by step, through his whole natural life, will attain the greatest successes and be a light to those around him for generations to come.